Prohibitory orders restricting movement of people have been extended in Mumbai till September 30 in view of rising coronavirus cases, an official said on Thursday. The restrictions under section 144 of the Code of Criminal Procedure are in place since lockdown began.
They were extended as per the August 31 guidelines about easing of lockdown of the Maharashtra government, and no new restrictions have been imposed, the official said.
Maharashtra minister Aaditya Thackeray tweeted urging people not to panic as the arrangement issued by Mumbai Police has been just an expansion of their previous arrangement and not new restrictions.
Thackeray tweeted this after the Mumbai police extended their requests issued under section 144 of the Code of Criminal Procedure till September end. Thackeray said it had been mere continuation of the preceding order of August 31.